Six tips to decorate to sell during the holidays
How do you walk the fine line between being festive and being overwhelming to potential buyers? Here are six tips:
- Keep it simple. Remember how you de-cluttered? Don’t re-clutter! Think of “the rule of three” and instead of displaying your entire collection of snowmen, display three of your best.
- Think warmth. Your goal should be staging with a holiday theme. Turn on the thermostat so the house is cozy, and light the fireplace for warm ambiance.
- Go neutral. Not neutral colors during this very colorful season – but you want to be neutral with anything religious. Keep a “winter” theme such as pine and greenery, lights, wreaths, and candles.
- Speaking of candles – usually you don’t want artificial scents when staging, but the holidays can be an exception. Scents that remind people of winter and holidays keep them in the mood. Just think of light scents and keep the number of scents to a minimum.
- Light is Bright! Winter months can be dreary, so add light. Open the curtains. Bring in extra lamps and light sources. Light your house number and walkway. Exterior solar lights can be an inexpensive enhancement even when you aren’t home.
- Simple is for outside too. Steer away from Clark Griswold. No blow-up Santas or plastic snowmen. Think simple elegance. Make sure string lights aren’t overdone and are kept neat and tidy. A few poinsettias outside (or inside but away from children and pets) can add pops of color.
Staging your home for a holiday sale can be easy when you choose the right realtor to help you along! Call a Judge Fite real estate professional today… with 21 offices in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, we know this market!