The best method to organize all of these papers is to either use a 3-ring binder, an accordian file, or a plastic file box with handle. Label each section to match the paperwork it contains.
At a minimum, you will want these items organized:
* Budget, spending record (Dave Ramsey has some great forms)
* Bills to be paid
* Bank statements
* Credit card information
* Online account information
* Income tax working papers
* Loan statements
* Home inventory – photos and receipts
* Home storage inventory
* Receipts for warranty items
* Appliance manuals, warranties, service contracts
Safety Deposit Box Inventory (plus copies of all items in appropriate sections)
Utility and Services Information
Other sections you may want to include based upon your family make up:
▪ Meals, menus and grocery lists
▪ Phone directory for all of the important people in your life
▪ Home management – cleaning schedule, seasonal chore checklist, purchase and improvement records, copies of real estate deeds
▪ Automotive – vehicle maintenance schedule, financing records, insurance information, copies of titles. Also for RVs and boats.
▪ Family– gift ideas, master birthday and anniversary list, personal information for each family member. Plus copies of items that may be in your safety deposit box: birth certificates, marriage licenses, divorce decrees, passports, military service records, wills, powers of attorney,advanced directives.
▪ School – calendar/schedule, lunch menus, information, homeschool records, education records and transcripts, PTA records
▪ Health and fitness – medical information sheet, emergency directory, insurance information, vaccination records, pet records
▪ Travel and activities – sports schedules, travel packing list, vacation ideas house-sitter information, church activities, Boy or Girl Scout information