Buying & Selling Home Strategies
Whether looking to buy a home or planning to sell a home, there are best practices to consider to make the most of the experience. Think through your plan, allow time for the process and choose the right agent.
You have selected an agent. So, let’s find the house!
- What is your ideal location?
- What is your preferred commute time for regular activities?
- What schools are nearby if you have children?
- What community amenities do you want (gas stations, grocery stores, clinics, hospitals, pool, etc.)
Is this house a good choice?
- Are the appliances in good condition or new?
- How old is the roof?
- What special features are you interested in?
- What are your needs vs. wants?
- Is the house in your price range?
Take some time to understand what type of house you want, along with the extra features in the community, and you will be ready to find the perfect house. It will also keep you focused on the things that matter and help prevent you from choosing the wrong house for you and your family.
It’s time to clean, repair and decorate. First and foremost, declutter is the key word. Homes are for living, but take out the unnecessary items to allow buyers to see the space you have and imagine themselves living there.
- Remove the extra furniture.
- Clean out closets and cabinets
- Get organized.
- Put away everyday household items like toiletries, cleaning supplies, or personal items.
Repairing that squeaky door or patching a hole in the wall is important to home buyers. Making sure your home is in top condition along with showing care and maintenance, keeps potential buyers in the home longer. Lastly, decorate to all tastes. Remove special collections, downsize personal photos and be sure that rooms offer a relaxed feel without bold statements in décor.
Keeping your home in great shape will pay off in the future when ready to sell. Do your research, get it done, and hire the right agent to show your home to potential buyers.